Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Money?

I’ve never been good with money. I spend every single cent I earn from my job, not leaving a single penny every month. Oh… how can we forget, credit cards? After spending every single penny in my bank account and it is not even pay day yet, what we do? We spend using credit cards, making what we spend negative from what we earn. 

This was me for the past… I don’t know… almost 10 years? And now… the effect kicks in. Although I can say not much comparing to those who need to declare bankruptcy. But still... and I have cut off all my credit cards at the moment until i get myself right on track again. So, yea... it made me quite suffocating every end of the month. 

About a month back, I learnt something from a friend of mine. Every month, set aside some money and categorize them what u wanna save for. Even if u need a folder to make sure they are categorized, do it. And I did, I actually got myself a small pocket folder to sort them out.

For example, I always struggle for money when I need to pay my car insurance every year. So I set a category for car. Be it I need it for the insurance or a little car pampering, I will use from that category. Maybe I need to have a getaway to somewhere near away from the busy city I would use from vacation category. And of cos, there will be many more other categories. But I just started this month, so I concentrate on car first bcos my insurance is due soon. Although it wont be enough to cover the whole amount, but at least my wallet wont have a big hole, unlike the previous years. 

So, I was reading, 13 money tips from the ultra rich and I am glad that I am practising most of what was listed. No, I dun aim to be a million or billionaire. I just aim to live not wanting to worry about if I am able to survive every month. 

What’s your way of saving and advise? 

No comments: