Saturday, October 1, 2016

Our ROM

Woke up damn early because I needed to shower and put a sheet mask on as per instructed by the MUA before the MUA arrives. While having the mask on, took the opportunity to sleep a while more. I am still definitely not a morning person. *sighs

Mask on and zzz...



The MUA’s partner came first as she herself was late due to the crazy traffic congestion. Her partner arrived at about 8am, did my mom’s make up and hair first. Then, followed by ahyi. After they are done, they went back to their room to get ready. I think my MUA arrived at about 8:15 - 8:30. She immediately get to my face, plastered my face with few inches of cement and paints, and tamed my horse mane. After I’m done, I just hung around cos it was still quite early. Her partner then did my SIL’s make up and hair and then my MUA did my MIL’s make up and hair. 

They were done pretty early, so we just hang around in the room, watched a little bit of movie, and about 12 noon, we made our move to the ROM office. 

So fat, I had to use the bouquet to cover my fat tummy. Lol… 

We reached ROM office and waited for the photographer to arrive. Even the photographer is late. But we didn’t let that spoil our mood. We took pictures using phones. 

Special day have to selfie a bit. 

When the photographer arrived, we proceed to the garden next to the building to take some shots. He was not bad, can make us laugh very easily. The pictures turned out not bad. Just that both of us looked damn fat in the pictures. My double chin was damn thick! 

Serious face, families from both side.

Hahahaha! Families from both side. 

At about 13:15, we walked back to the building and waited for our names to be called to go in the room. All of us went into the room and the solemnization begins. 

It was a very very fast process. 


We went in, sat down, verify documents, solemniser reads the vow, we say our ‘I do, I will’, exchanged our rings, signed the papers, and off we go out of the room. 

Outside of the room, we took some photos using our phones. The photographer suggested not to take there because the lighting wasn’t that great. So, we went back to the garden. 

That was our photographer. 

After some photographs at the garden, we wrapped it up right before the rain starts! 

We went to Red House Restaurant for our lunch.  

The Menu
Golden Trio Combination

Stewed Whole Abalone and Mushroom with Broccoli

Steamed Soon Hock Fish with Superior Soya Sauce

Pork Ribs with Special Citrus and Crisp Butter Crumb

King Prawns with Sesame Dressing

Crabs in Red House Special Chilli Stew (with deep fried man tou)

And of cos being me, I definitely forgot to take pictures of some other dishes. The dishes of the missing pictures are :-
- Braised Ee-Fu Noodle with Enoki Mushroom and Conpoy
- Chilled Fresh Mango Pomelo with Sago

Everything was so good! Especially the pork ribs! So yummy!

After lunch, we headed back to the hotel to rest a while and we headed out to Clarke Quay for a drink. Until about dinner time, we went to Lao Pa Sat for dinner. Met up with Wilson as well. Tracy couldn’t make it. :(

3 tables full of people and food. Everyone was full! 

We went separate ways after dinner. I wanted my mom to experience how is it like to take MRT in Singapore, so we decided to go back to the hotel slowly. 


It was a long day, I couldn’t feel my feet at the end of the day. 

Here it is, I am legally married. 

Last selfie before I remove my cemented face.


We decided not to have any traditional ceremony and banquet. We both just want it simple. It was our plan/dream/ideal wedding. Although I wanted it to be a garden wedding, but they have minimum pax to meet, which is what we don’t want. We only want our closest families to be there to witness our wedding. That’s when we decided to book a room in a restaurant and have close knitted lunch with everyone dearest.

No comments: